Header Ads

True life IF TIME WHERE A BRIDGE

IF TIME WERE A BRIDGE

 I was standing in an open field,how did i get here? i asked myself.i glanced around the field only was to know that i am alone,snakes moved freely around the field,i was so terrified,i didn't know what to do.i moved a little only to find myself in a quick sand.the snakes started coming close to me,and i continued sinking down into the earth.No,i screamed until i was covered up by the sand.



i felt a slight a touch on my hand,I opened my eyes only to find myself in a hospital bed.“My daughter why are you screaming ?Did have a bad dream? My caring Mother asked.she came with a handkerchief to clean my face,because i was sweating profusely.“Mum,am so glad you are here" ,I said,as i hugged her tightly.
  My mother has been a loving and caring mother,despite the fact that my father had died before my birth,she make sure that i was well cared for.
 I am the only child to my parent,i am probably spoilt because i got all whatever i wanted because my mother don't want me to feel the death of my father.through my years in secondary school,i lived a promiscuous life.I moved with bad group of girls who call themselve “THE BIG GIRLS".


  When i just got admission into the secondary school,i was so brilliant,even the teachers always praised me during open days.i moved with friends who were equally intelligent.we usually wait after school to read,then we were always called “BOOK WORMS",with all these,i was not satisfied,i wanted to be among the “BIG GIRLS" so that i can live like them.
    Since i joined the big girls gang,my performance in my academics began to deteriorate.My teachers who used to praise me,started complaining about me.i was too engrossed in my new image as a big girl.i don't care about anything.My friends told me that to complete a big girl,you must have a boyfriend,i agreed,thinking that they knew the best.in the next two weeks,i had gotten a boyfriend named jackson.jackson was a tall and handsome,i saw him as a perfect match.within weeks we had started going out together.jackson was a student of the university of lagos.sometimes i visited him on campus.


      One faithful day,jackson invited me to a party on campus,so i sneaked out of the house so that i could attend the party.meanwhile,there was no party.jackson only wanted me to spend the night with him.i was such a fool to have fallen into their trap.jackson and his friends raped me repeatedly until i became unconscious.they went ahead to throw me into the bush.if not for the good people around who took me to the hospital ,i would have dead.
        The doctor came in,and spoke to my mum in low tones,Afterward,My mum came and held me with tears in her eyes she told me that the doctor said that my womb has been damaged due to the gang rape.how i wish i could turn back the hand of time so i can change what happened.if wishes were horses,then everyone would have a ride,“Uhm'indeed that was the biggest lesson of my life.

Your comment's 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.